We have temporarily relocated some of our classes & programs!
- Painting with Chris will be the 1st and 3rd Monday starting February 19 from 10am to 1pm at Grandview in Mt. Angel, 1050 Linden Street, Mt. Angel. Fee is $10
- Low Impact Aerobic Exercise with Karen will be at Immanuel Lutheran Church gym, 303 North Church Street starting Friday, January 26 at 9:30am and will continue Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays until further notice.
- Line Dancing will start next Wednesday, January 31, 1pm for advanced and 2pm for beginners , and will continue on Wednesdays until further notice at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 303 North Church Street in the gym on the first floor.
- Ageless Yoga is taking place on Saturday mornings at 9am at Total Body Health, 1099 N. First Street until further notice.
- Tuesday/Thursday Gentle Yoga with Kathleen will resume on Tuesday, February 6 at 9:30am at Immanuel Lutheran gym until further notice.
- Open Studio Painters will meet on Tuesdays from 1-4 pm (with the exception of March 26th) in the studio at Silverton Art Center, 303 Coolidge St. in Coolidge-McClaine Park.
- Singles lunch is Monday, March 18th at 12pm, location TBD.
- Pinochle players are meeting at Otto's. 12pm-4pm; on Fridays only. Call the senior center if you need more information.
- Knit Wits is a social group where you can work on and share your projects. Not just for knitting: crochet projects, hooked rugs, embroidery, tatting, weaving, and any other textile projects are all welcome. We even have members that aren't working on any project but just come to see what others are doing. Knit Wits meet on Wednesday mornings from 10am-noon at their new temporary location: Silvertowne II Apartments, The Commons Building, 1115 Mill Street.
- Poker meets on Mondays, 10 a.m. in a private home and on Fridays at 11 a.m. in a private home.
- Bridge meets at 10 a.m. Tuesdays in a private home. An additional meeting day is to be determined.
- Dine-Out Club: Thursday, March 7th at 5:30pm at MillTown Pub.
New start time.
- The Foot Clinic will be operating on Tuesdays and Wednesdays by appointment at Silverton Assembly of God, 437 North James Street. Contact Leana 503-881-7033 to make an appointment.
- Bill Clubb Massage will operate by appointment in his home studio in Salem. Book online: Clubb Massage Appointment.
- AARP TAX AIDE The Senior Center is not taking appointments. To make an appointment for taxes please call: 971-599-1940 or make an appointment online: AARP TAX AIDE.
- Board Meeting, Wednesday, February 28th at 1pm, at the Elks Lodge (300 High St).
- The Saturday morning free breakfast held at the Senior Center is suspended.
- MEALS ON WHEELS is temporarily operating out of First Baptist Church on Westfield Street. They are back to regular hot meals service and frozen meals pick up. Their phone number is 503-873-6906.
March 1st Meet and Greet 4pm-6pm at Bella Casa Real Estate, 216 E Main St, downtown Silverton. Come meet the new Executive Director of the Silverton Senior Center, Simone Stewart, and the new Silverton Meals on Wheels Coordinator, Connie Albers. Get program information, volunteer information, and feel free to ask questions about both organizations.
What happened at the Senior Center?
The pipes in the attic of the Senior Center had burst during the January freeze. We arrived to find a hole in the ceiling and a lot of water on the floor. At this point, we anticipate that the Senior Center will be closed for an extended period of time while repairs are made. We are in the capable hands of the City of Silverton, as they own the building. Stay tuned for updates.
If you are able to host some of our programs, please let us know.
To make an appointment with the new Executive Director, Simone Stewart, please call 503-873-3093 or email email@example.com